Daily Skin Care Tips
Skincare Tips for Healthy Skin Everyday
The all-natural selfie: It's the newest trend in Hollywood, but you ever wonder what it takes for celebrities to maintain that amazing skin? Do they have personal assistants in town all day, applying foundation and moisturizer? Maybe they spend hours each week getting beauty treatments?
The truth is that good skin is a combination of a healthy lifestyle and effective skincare. You don’t have to live like a celebrity to have that level of glowing skin; you just need to implement healthy choices and practice a good routine. Learn how to below:
The Healthy Lifestyle Advantage
Your skin is your body's largest organ and one of your most valuable assets. Caring for it goes beyond just skincare products. The things you do every day matter:
• What you eat: Fruits, vegetables and whole grains are great for your skin. For optimum results, increase your vitamin C intake, and lower your intake of unhealthy fats and refined carbohydrates. As a general rule, colorful meals are better for you than neutral colored foods such as potatoes, which are starchy and less nutritious.
• How much you exercise: Stress is hard on skin because it triggers acne and rashes. Exercise is a natural way to counteract stress, so get up and moving at a moderate pace (at least 30 minutes on most days).
• How much water you drink: Water is nature’s moisturizer, and that includes the water you drink. Drinking plenty of water helps keep your skin supple and glowing.
All of these habits go into creating a healthier, happier version of your skin.
Your Daily Skincare Routine
In the morning rush, you might not have time for an extensive skincare routine. But don't fret! There are little tweaks you can make to your morning routine that can have a big impact on your skin.
• Limit your morning shower: Long, hot showers will dry out your skin. Keep the water warm, not hot and the shower or bath short.
• Use the right cleanser for your skin type: If your skin is dry, look for a product that hydrates. If you wear a lot of makeup, use a product designed to remove it. Try sample sizes until you find the cleanser that looks and feels best to you - this isn't a one size fits all situation.
• Pat your skin dry: Avoid rubbing or scrubbing to remove the water; instead, pat your skin dry. A little water left on your skin helps add moisture.
• Apply an appropriate moisturizer immediately after showering: It should be light and not overly greasy.
• Protect yourself from UV rays: Buy skincare products that have SPF protection. Your skin will thank you with a healthy and happy glow.
From making conscious, healthier eating choices, to shortening your morning shower ever so slightly, taking little steps like this can make a big difference in how you feel in your skin.
All Skin Types, Even Sensitive
Daily Moisturizer with SPF
Anti-Age + Anti-Fatigue Night Cream
Videos & Articles
Learn more in these related articles and videos.
See how the antioxidant-rich formula strengthens skin’s moisture barrier to lock in hydration.
Learn how Moisture Bomb with antioxidants helps you maintain a healthy moisture barrier for softer, hydrated skin.
See how Clearly Brighter Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 protects your skin from daily life.
Find out how antioxidants protect skin from harmful free radicals.
Learn about the role of antioxidants in your skin care routine.
Healthy ways to add a little spring to your morning step.
Find the right moisturizer for your skin type.
From basic to advanced, find the right skin care routine for your skin type.
Learn expert ways to make the most of this cleansing breakthrough.
Discover everything you need to know about this all-in-1 facial cleanser.
Read all about the multi-tasking Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water.
Meet the cleansing must-have you need to add to your skin care routine.
Discover the best skin care products for all skin types.
Experts answers to your top 10 skin care questions.
Find out why it’s so important to remove makeup before bed.
Discover the benefits of Micellar Water for every skin type.
Knowing your unique skin type is the key to finding your perfect skin care products.