Be the hit at your next party
It's always fun to invest a little more time into your hair when you're headed to a party! Bring the wow factor to your next party with these four looks.
1. Knotted Braid
This style looks amazing and works on many types and lengths of hair. As long as your hair is at least chin length, you can create this look.
• On dry or damp hair, make a deep side part with a comb.
• At the forehead on the larger side of the part, gather two small sections of hair.
• Tie the sections into a knot, as you would tie a shoelace. Secure the knot horizontally with a pin.
• Gather more hair from the sides into your two sections and tie another knot, securing with another pin.
• Repeat until the knotted braid ends behind your ear. Secure with pins and elastic.
2. Sky-High Topknot
The topknot is easiest to do with long, straight hair, but it also looks great with naturally wavy locks.
• Apply a moisturizing straightening balm throughout damp hair.
• Flip your head toward the ground and blow-dry hair upside down, gently brushing hair downward with a paddle brush as you go.
• Keeping your head upside down, secure a ponytail at your crown with an elastic band.
• Divide the ponytail into two sections. Twist one around the elastic band, and pin it into place.
• Twist the other in the opposite direction around the first section, and secure with pins.
3. Simple Half-Up, Half-Down
Easy to put together in five minutes or less, this pretty style is great to pull out when you're short on time.
• Apply a small amount of Garnier Fructis Beach Chic Texturing Spray to hair, distributing it with your fingers to form loose, beachy waves.
• Take a small section of hair from above your left ear and pull it over to the right side of your head, just above the right ear. Pin the section in place.
• Take about the same amount of hair from above your right ear and pull it over to the left side of your head, overlapping the first section. Pin into place.
• Repeat until you've overlapped as many layers as you like.
Glamorous, red-carpet inspired waves, look difficult, but you only need a curling iron, soft brush, hairspray and a few bobby pins.
• Spritz hair all over with a volumizing hairspray.
• Wrap two-inch sections of hair around a 1 1/4" curling iron. Pin rolled sections in place.
• Wait until the curls set and cool, then undo the pins.
• Use a soft brush to relax the curls, letting them fall into elegant waves. Parties are fantastic opportunities to try out new styles, so play around and find what you like best!
Touchable control with a subtle, satin finish
Ultra strong hold with anti-humidity protection
Extreme hold with anti-humidity protection