Shake Up Your Routine with These 5 Easy Hairstyles
It's easy to get caught in a hairstyling rut, but getting out of it can be just as easy and a lot more fun. All these simple, cute hairstyles take five minutes or less to put together and work on many types of hair.
1. Ballerina Bun
Usually go for a pony? Try a relaxed, messy bun instead.
• Use an elastic to secure hair in a high pony.
• Place a basic headband about an inch behind your hairline.
• Twist the pony as you wrap it into a messy bun. Secure with pins as you go.
• Use your fingers or a comb to evenly lift and tease hair at the crown of your head between the headband and the bun.
2. Volumized Pony
Most ponytails flatten hair, but this one gives instant, volumized extensions.
• Spray hair with Garnier Fructis Texture Tease to absorb oil and restore volume.
• Take about half your hair and secure it in a pony at the crown of your head with an elastic.
• Gather the remaining half of your hair and secure it in a pony lower down, just an inch or two above the nape of your neck.
• Tease hair in the top pony by back-combing it to increase volume.
• Use your fingers to adjust the pony placements so they appear to be one longer, fuller ponytail.
3. Topknot Twist
This pretty twist is a simple fix for longer, out-of-control bangs.
• Grab a small, triangle-shaped section of hair that runs from the midpoint of both eyebrows up to the middle of your crown. Make sure the section includes your bangs.
• Twist the hair several times and then turn it around so the ends face the back of your head, forming a mini topknot.
• Secure the mini knot with pins and spritz with hairspray to keep those crazy bangs in place.
4. Faux Bangs
This style lets you see what you'd look like with bangs without taking the plunge.
• Pull hair into a high pony at the crown of your head. Secure with an elastic.
• Pull a small section of hair from the front of the pony and pull out over your forehead until your "bangs" are the length you want. Secure with pins near the crown. You may be left with a bun.
• Divide the remaining hair in the pony into two sections and wrap them around the bun. Secure with pins.
5. Quick Pompadour
This elegant, understated pompadour transitions seamlessly from the office to a night out with friends.
• Take the front section of your hair, running from eyebrow to eyebrow, and back-comb it to create volume.
• Spritz the section with a Garnier Fructis Sheer Set Hairspray in Extreme Hold to hold the look in place.
• Lift the front of the section up to form a mini pompadour, and then pin the hair in place at the crown for a half-up look.
Videos & Articles
Learn more in these related articles and videos.
These easy, unexpected bun hairstyles work with any hair length.
These simple hairstyles prove that putting your hair into an updo doesn’t have to be complicated.
Whether you're heading back to school or not, fall is a great time to try these hairstyle trends.
Change up your look with 3 hairstyles that are perfect for long hair.
Got long hair? Here are the top 4 ponytail hairstyles for 2016.
Discover 4 easy yet elegant hairstyles you can wear day or night.
Learn how to create some of your favorite celebrity-inspired hairstyles.
Looking for a new hairstyle? These are the 5 most-wanted looks of the year.
From adding texture to creating waves, discover expert styling tips for mid-length hair.
Ready for a short haircut? Check out the undercut, the pixie and the Bettie bob.
Discover the best hairstyles and hydrating hair care products for cold weather.
Lighten up your look with these haircut, hair color and hairstyle tips.